Overview of all open PhD projects
The following PhD projects are offered in the 27th call for applications. Online application for up to three PhD projects will be possible until August 21st (23:59 CET). You can filter our open PhD projects by background or skills.
- Methane hotspots in tropical South America more info
- Understanding carbon pooling in the stratified boundary layer of the Arctic atmosphere more info
- Unravelling ecohydrological ecosystem responses to environmental conditions more info
- Getting to the root of vegetation change: unravelling 21st century plant allocation trade-offs more info
- Using observations and novel theory to infer water stress and droughts on land more info
- Understanding forest carbon-water relations in a changing climate more info
- Deep learning of ecosystem functioning and carbon fluxes more info
- Uncovering terrestrial carbon cycle discrepancies more info
- Understanding contemporaneous controls on carbon turnover times and future feedbacks with climate more info
- Harnessing computer vision and machine learning for a renewed cartography of human impact on landscapes more info
- Truffle production: an affair of three? more info
- Fungal impact on soil in climate change related processes more info
- From Sea to Land – mapping the provenience of atmospheric sulfur more info
- Microbial community processes in changing Arctic permafrost ecosystems and the relevance for gas exchange more info
- What can new organic markers reveal about the seasonal metabolism of the tropical critical zone? more info
- Microbial trait-based ecology to link soil communities to carbon and nutrient cycling more info
- Biodiversity impacts on the resistance of soil carbon dynamics to climate extremes more info
- (How) do microorganisms control the natural molecular complexity of dissolved organic matter? more info
- Combining process-based and deep learning models to understand soil processes better more info
- Groundwater under pressure – exploring climate change impacts on groundwater recharge and quality and drinking water safety more info
The online application form can be found here.
Learn more about our application process on this website.